Thursday, 28 February 2013 is a big day!
It’s not only the deadline to apply for the SPERI PhD Studentship, but it’s also the deadline to submit abstract proposals for SPERI annual conference ‘Beyond Austerity vs Growth: The Future of the European Political Economy’.
The conference will take place in Halifax Hall at the University Sheffield on 1-3 July 2013.
The aim of the conference is to provide a context in which alternative strategies and models of growth for the European economy can be proposed, debated, evaluated and assessed by academics and policy-makers alike.
Want to join in the debate? Email your proposal on one of the following themes to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- The changing place of Europe in the world economy
- The future of European varieties of capitalism – convergence, divergence or continued diversity
- The nature of the crisis in the Eurozone
- The future of the Eurozone
- The endogenous and/or exogenous character of the crisis in Europe
- The experience of the crisis in different European economies and their differential prospects for growth in the years ahead
- The prospects for a greening of growth in Europe
- The process of European integration after the crisis
- Europe’s changing economic interdependence