The University of Sheffield Faculty of Social Sciences has funding for at least 23 PhD scholarships for 2017/18 entry. These include Doctoral Academy scholarships, with further scholarships likely to be available through the ESRC White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership competition.
SPERI offers a dynamic and stimulating research environment in which students work in the open-plan SPERI office at the heart of the University of Sheffield campus alongside SPERI’s staff. We seek ambitious, talented graduates or postgraduates who aspire to contribute to world-leading research and to make a difference in the world.
If you have a doctoral research proposal covering one of the areas below from a political economy perspective and wish to discuss it with a member of SPERI’s staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and the most appropriate member of our team will get back to you.
- Cities, Environment and Liveability
- Security, Conflict and Justice
- Education Childhood and Youth
- Data, Communication and New Technologies
- Wellbeing, Health and Communities
- Sustainable Growth, Management and Economic Productivity
- Civil Society, Development and Democracy
The deadline for scholarship applications is 5.00pm on 1 February 2017.
For full details of the University of Sheffield PhD scholarships and to apply online, please click here.