Register for ‘Brexit and the environment: An opportunity or a threat?’
Registration are now open for a new public event on Brexit and the environment taking place on Friday 12 May 2017 at 5.30pm in the Diamond.
The EU has championed environmental causes, but it hasn’t been perfect. This event will look at whether the increased sovereignty post-Brexit will create a threat or an opportunity to achieve environmental goals. Join politicians, policy-makers and EU law experts to discuss whether the UK environment will be better off after Brexit.
- Dr Apolline Roger, School of Law, The University of Sheffield
- Paul Blomfield MP, Labour Member of Parliament for Sheffield Central
- Kate Jennings, Head of Site Conservation Policy, RSPB
- James Copeland, Environment and Land Use Adviser for the North East Region, National Farmers Union
- Chaired by Daniel Bailey, SPERI
This event is part of the Festival of Debate: www.festivalofdebate.comPrint page