The British Academy has announced details of their Postdoctoral Fellowships scheme. The Fellowships are a three-year award made to an annual cohort of outstanding early career researchers.
We would like to invite applications from talented researchers working in political economy to apply to the scheme in order to join our research community at SPERI in 2019.
If you would like to apply for a Fellowship to be based at SPERI please send a two-page CV and a one-page research proposal for the Fellowship to SPERI’s co-directors Colin Hay, Genevieve LeBaron and Adam Leaver by August 31st 2018. The co-directors will then decide whether to put forward applicants for the scheme from SPERI.
Full details of the scheme can be found at https://www.britac.ac.uk/british-academy-postdoctoral-fellowships
Outline Stage 2018-19
- Scheme Opens – 22 August 2018
- Deadline for Applicants (incl. Referee Statement & Organisation Approval) – 17 October 2018
- Result of Outline Stage Announcement – January 2019
Second Stage 2018-19
- Scheme Opens – 23 January 2019
- Deadline for Applicants 20 February 2019
- Result of Second Stage Announcement – End of May 2019
- Applicants must be supported by the UK host institution in which they wish to hold the Fellowship
- Applicants must be within three years of the award of a doctorate (this means being awarded via a viva voce examination between 1 April 2016 and 1st April 2019).
- Applicants in the 2018-19 competition awarded a PhD before 1 April 2016 can apply given extentuating circumstances, such as through illness or parental/care giving duties. Any potential exemptions should be discussed with the Research Funding Team.
- Applicants must be either a UK/EEA national, or have completed a doctorate at a UK university. Applicants who do not fall into one of these categories must demonstrate a ‘strong prior association’ with the UK academic community. This is typically gained through having been employed in a temporary capacity at a UK university for at least 12 months.