We are excited to invite applications for a new Research Associate position at SPERI. The post will contribute to SPERI’s work on new paradigms in economic theory and policy.
SPERI provides a vibrant and collegial intellectual environment, opportunities for mentorship and collaboration, and unique support for policy and public engagement.
SPERI values diversity in both intellectual and people terms. We are committed to recognising the important intellectual contributions that female, LGBTQ, racial and ethnic minority and international scholars make to the field of political economy. We are keen to attract applications from currently under-represented groups including women and racial and ethnic minorities.
The new Research Associate will contribute to SPERI’s mission to develop fresh thinking about the most pressing global political and economic challenges, conducting research both independently and in collaboration with other members of the SPERI team. They will contribute specifically to SPERI’s new research project on paradigm change in economic theory and policy, working closely with SPERI Professorial Fellow Michael Jacobs. In a context where mainstream economics is under challenge, and a range of non-orthodox schools of economic thought have become more prominent, the project aims to explore the philosophical basis of economic theory, the practice of academic economics, and the possibility of a new paradigm.
- This post is fixed-term for 12 months at Grade 7 (£31,302- £39,609 per annum) .
- The role has been identified as a full-time post, but we are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities.
- For informal enquiries about this job contact Professor Michael Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: The closing date is 3rd June 2019.
- Applications are made through the University of Sheffield’s online jobs portal