ESRC/SPERI seminar on Political Economy and Wellbeing
The fourth ESRC seminar will take place in the ICOSS Boardroom, University of Sheffield on Friday 30th January 2015. This seminar on Political Economy and Wellbeing is co-sponsored by the Sheffield Political Economy Research Institute.
The day will explore the relationship between various ideas and narratives that challenge the ‘god of growth’ paradigm and how dialogue around these ideas and narratives might be developed most productively for policy-makers. Speakers will include:
- Juliet Michaelson, New Economics Foundation (on wellbeing)
- Professor John O’Neill, University of Manchester (on sustainable development)
- Professor Diane Perrons, London School of Economics (on inclusive development)
- Professor Benjamin Radcliff, University of Notre Dame (on the political economy of happiness)
- Dr Hayley Stevenson, University of Sheffield (on discourse, power and policy)
For more information please email email@example.com.