Position: Research Fellow
Telephone: +44 (0)114 222 8395
Areas of interest and expertise: British and European Political Economy, Labour Markets, Inequality, Economic Geography, State Theory, Scottish Politics, Devolution.
- 2017 After neoliberalisation? Monetary indiscipline, crisis and the state, Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers [with J. Green]. Available here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/tran.12204/full
- 2017 ‘Defend and Extend’: British business strategy, EU employment policy and the emerging politics of Brexit, British Journal of Politics and International Relations. Available here: https://doi.org/10.1177/1369148117722713
- 2017 The Legitimation of Post-Crisis Capitalism in the United Kingdom: Real wage decline, finance-led growth and the state, New Political Economy. Available here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13563467.2017.1321627
- 2015 The Regressive Recovery: Distribution, Inequality and State Power in Britain’s Post-Crisis Political Economy’, New Political Economy, 20(6) [with J. Green]. Available here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13563467.2015.1041478
- 2017 Enduring Imbalances in the Eurozone, in C. Hay & T. Hunt (eds), The Coming Crisis, Palgrave.
- 2017 Towards a political economy of depoliticisation strategies: Help to Buy, the Office for Budget Responsibility and the UK growth model’, in M. Flinders, C. Hay, P. Fawcett & M. Wood (eds) Anti-politics, Depoliticisation and Governance, Oxford University Press [with C. Berry].
- 2017 The Political Economy of Brexit and the UK’s National Business Model. SPERI Paper 41 [with L. Quaglia and C. Dannreuther]. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/SPERI-Paper-41-The-Political-Economy-of-Brexit-and-the-UK-s-National-Business-Model.pdf
- 2017 Will Brexit deepen the UK’s North-South Divide? SPERI Paper 41. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/SPERI-Paper-41-The-Political-Economy-of-Brexit-and-the-UK-s-National-Business-Model.pdf
- 2017 Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin: Post-Brexit Rivals to the City of London? SPERI Global Political Economy Briefing 7 [with A. Barber, S. McDaniel & D. Schmid]. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Global-Brief-6-Frankfurt-Paris-Dublin-Post-Brexit-Rivals-to-the-City-of-London.pdf
- 2017 EU Business Views on Brexit: Politics, Trade and Article 50, SPERI Global Political Economy Briefing 6 [with A. Barber, S. McDaniel & D. Schmid]. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Global-Brief-7-EU-Business-Views-on-Brexit.pdf
- 2017 British Business Strategy, EU Social and Employment Policy and the Emerging Politics of Brexit, SPERI Paper No. 39. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SPERI-Paper-39-British-Business-Strategy-EU-Social-and-Employment-Policy-Brexit.pdf
- 2016 Scotland and the North of England: Sub-national economic development and the UK’s finance-led growth model’, SPERI Political Economy Briefing No. 26. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Brief-26-Scotland-and-the-North-of-England-Sub-national-economic-development.pdf
- 2016 UK regions and European structural and investment funds, SPERI Policy Briefing No.24 [with T. Hunt, C. Berry and W. Vittery]. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Brief24-UK-regions-and-European-structural-and-investment-funds.pdf
- 2016 UK regions, the European Union and manufacturing exports’, SPERI Political Economy Brief No. 23, [with C. Berry, T. Hunt and C. Kirkland]. Available here: http://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/UK-regions-the-EU-and-manufacturing-exports-research-paper.pdf
- 2015 Public and Private Sector Employment across the UK since the financial crisis, SPERI Policy Briefing. Available here: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Brief10-public-sector-employment-across-UK-since-financial-crisis.pdf